Sunday, September 15, 2013

Little Black Dress Spotlight & Review



Title: Little Black Dress

Author: Scarlet Chastain
Series: Romance On The Go
Genre: Erotica F/F
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Release Date: Aug 13 2013
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook

Blurb/Synopsis:
Never underestimate the power of the little black dress...
Paris—the romance and fashion capital of the world. So what the hell makes Jamie Scotts, an IT geek from New York, think the city of lights holds the answers? Driven by need for change, she lies to her boss about her fluency in French and becomes the company’s first international sales person. Fluent? She can barely ask for directions to the ladies’ room.
Jamie’s a duck out of water with her low maintenance style and New York accent. Her unsuccessful sales pitch almost sends her home, until she meets the epitome of elegance—Giselle Bianchi. An unlikely relationship blossoms as the dress designer takes Jamie under her wing. Giselle’s guidance not only reveals
Jamie’s missing je ne sais quoi, but also unlocks repressed passion with the help of a little black dress.

Book Links:
Amazon
ARe
BookStrand
Smashwords
Goodreads

                                                    Author Info:



Scarlet Chastain is the semi-secret pseudonym of a multi-published, best selling author of sensual erotic romance. Scarlet's focus is female-centric sizzling stories written about women, for women.
She lives in the suburban shadows of New York City but her heart belongs to the beaches of Key West. Scarlet can usually be found in her favorite chair of her newly acquired writing cave with her maltipoo, Coco.

Author Links:
Facebook
Goodreads
Twitter
Website
Excerpts (Please Choose Only One)

Excerpt #1:
“You must not have much time for a social life. Boyfriends?” Jamie had glanced at her hand back at the studio for the telltale signs of a ring.
Giselle picked up her glass and rocked it in a circular motion. The red liquid coated the sides of the glass and flowed downward into a pool of garnet.
“I’m sorry. That was too personal, wasn’t it?” She looked down at her own glass.
“No. Not too personal. I’m just trying to find a way to tell you something that may risk our new friendship.”
Jamie searched the woman’s eyes.
“No boyfriends. I’m attracted to women.”
Her words washed over Jamie like a soft wave and flowed warm and hot down to her core.
“Et toi, Jamie?”
“No boyfriends,” was all she could say before taking a very unladylike gulp of her wine. Glancing back to Giselle, Jamie’s heartbeat ticked up and she took a deep breath before she spoke. “I’ve always been something of a geek.”
Giselle furrowed her brow. “Explain geek.”
Jamie snorted at the sound the word made coming from Giselle lips. “Geek means socially awkward.”
Giselle nodded. “Ah, okay. Continue.”
“I was painfully shy when I was younger and spent most of my high school years behind a computer screen. I found my niche in college as a computer science major. But as one of the only females in my classes, I found myself being one of the guys instead of dating them. They just didn’t interest me.” Jamie shrugged, finished her wine and slid the glass toward Giselle who promptly refilled it. The delicious wine’s effects washed over Jamie, giving her the courage to ask the question that was at the tip of her tongue. “When did you know you liked women?” Her eyes flicked to the side then back to her glass.
“I think I’d always known but one particular night I found out for sure. I went on a date with a man. He took me to a club and his sweaty hands were all over me while we danced. He kept shoving his tongue down my throat. I felt physically ill and slipped out the back door after excusing myself to the ladies’ room. The door led to a dark alley and that’s where I saw them. Two women. I heard them first as it was so dark. Their soft feminine sighs drew me to them. I moved closer to find one of the women had the other against the wall, fondling her exposed breast and kissing her as though she were a cherished piece of porcelain. I couldn’t look away. Then they saw me and stopped. I was about to turn and run away but the woman against the wall held her hand out to me. Her eyes held such depth and generosity. I looked at the other woman and she smiled. I joined them and we did nothing but kiss. I never saw either again but I knew that was the lifestyle for me. Soon after I moved to Paris to start a new life. And here I am.” Giselle shrugged and smiled.
Jamie turned toward her new friend. “You have it all together. I wish I knew what I wanted out of life.”
Giselle touched her arm. “You will, ma chère, you will.”

Excerpt #2:
“I’ll call a taxi for you and have my courier deliver the clothes to your hotel tomorrow. You should take that great blouse and pleated skirt with you for tomorrow’s appointment. You look lovely in pink,” Giselle called as she headed down the hall without switching on the light. Jamie tried to follow Giselle’s rapid French as she listened to her call for a taxi. The piece of the conversation she made out was the address as Giselle returned to the front swinging two hangers from her index finger. Smiling, she held the blouse against Jamie’s body. Silky fabric slid across the backs of Jamie’s hands.
“I can’t thank you enough. For everything.” Jamie looked into the woman’s eyes, remembering the story Giselle told her at the restaurant. Depth and generosity were exactly what looked back at her.
“The pleasure is all mine.” She handed Jamie the hangers, grasped her shoulders and pulled her in. Jamie breathed deep and inhaled Giselle’s signature scent of orange and jasmine. Their bodies melded into one another as Giselle kissed Jamie on both cheeks. Her eyes locked with Giselle’s as they pulled away. Jamie wet her lips, lifted her head and closed the space between them. A horn sounded outside the door, startling the women.
Giselle smiled. “That’s your taxi.”
Jamie shook her head. Did she just make a move on Giselle? The effects of the wine made her woozy and she nodded as Giselle took her hand, leading her to the door. With a light squeeze of her hand she opened the door and a gust of wind hit Jamie’s face. She glanced back, craving the privacy of the dark shop and the warmth of Giselle’s embrace.


Excerpt #3:
“Are you attracted to women, Jamie?”
“I’m attracted to you.”
“What about that man I saw you kiss him in the bar that night I was supposed to meet you.”
“You were there? I didn’t know.” She searched Giselle’s eyes.
“I was and I saw him kiss you.” She furrowed her brow.
Jamie reached out and laid her palm over Giselle’s hand. “That’s right. He kissed me. He showed up at the bar and asked me out. I won’t lie, I was flattered. Before now, men never paid much attention to me. I’d never had someone pursue me. But I was honest with him. I told him I was falling for my best friend. What you saw was a friendly good-bye kiss.”
Giselle laced her fingers with Jamie’s. “I made a terrible mistake jumping to conclusions. I should’ve come to you that night instead of leaving the bar. It hurt me to see you with him.”
“I didn’t know what to think and then I received this dress and your note.” The fingers of her free hand caressed the fabric along her thigh. “I love this dress.”
“May I see it on you?” She pulled Jamie’s hand up.
Jamie stood, releasing her hand, and twirled in the dress. The soft fabric danced around her thighs as she spun.
“It’s beautiful on you. Just like I knew it would be.” Giselle laced both of her hands with Jamie’s and pulled her close so that their legs touched.
Jamie bent down, placing her hands on either side of Giselle’s chair, caging her in.
Giselle cupped Jamie’s face in her hand, her thumb lightly brushing over Jamie’s bottom lip. “I’ve waited so long to kiss you.”
Jamie glanced at the candlelit tables filled with people talking quietly. The darkness provided a veil of privacy, but not much. She didn’t care. Her legs wobbled and she dragged her chair closer to Giselle and sat on the edge. “Show me what a real kiss feels like,” Jamie whispered. She’d made a transformation over the past month, both physically and emotionally. She was ready to let the old Jamie go, spread her wings and allow the person she was becoming to soar free. Starting with this first kiss. Parting her lips, she closed her eyes. Warmth whispered across her mouth as Giselle’s lips touched hers. Jamie sighed, her eyes fluttering open as Giselle pulled away.

My Review:
omg...I just got done reading her book. I am trying to catch my breath. Excellent F/F erotica. It ended to soon. I need more. I need to go find relief... Lol. I highly recommend.

1 comment: